Youth WORKS! 2017 Summer Jobs Program - Information for Employers
Hire a Youth for the Summer….YOU Provide the Work—WE Cover the Wages!
Get some extra help this summer for those “backburner” projects at NO COST to your organization! Helping youth to get job experience is good for business, good for the participants and good for our community!
Summer Youth Employment - What is it?
• Provides valuable summer employment experience for Frederick County youth (14-21) who possess a barrier to employment, such as a disability or a lower income status.
• Local businesses serve as worksites for participating youth.
• Youth in the program receive training and paid work experience at NO COST to the business.
Employer of Record is Frederick County
• All wages/taxes will be paid by FCWS through grant funds.
• All mandatory employer insurance is provided by Frederick County.
• The Summer Jobs Program runs July 10 - August 18, 2017.
• Youth work 6 weeks, up to 20 hours per week at $9.25/hr.
Additional Benefits to You!
• You’ll be assigned a dedicated jobsite counselor to ensure a successful experience for both you and the youth worker.
• You’ll develop a great source for future employees!
Ready to Apply to be a Summer Jobs Program Worksite? Complete our Online Worksite Agreement Application.
If you have questions or would like more information, please contact the Summer Jobs Program Coordinator at 301.600.2255 or firstname.lastname@example.org.