Youth WORKS! 2019 Summer Jobs Program - Information for Employers
Hire a Youth for the Summer….YOU Provide the Work—WE Cover the Wages!
Get some extra help this summer at NO COST to your organization! Helping youth to get job experience is good for business, good for the participants and good for our community!
Summer Youth Employment - What is it?
The Youth WORKS! Summer Jobs Program provides meaningful employment experiences to Frederick County Youth (ages 14-21) who face barriers to employment, such as having a disability or being from a low-income household. Local businesses serve as worksites for participating youth, while Frederick County Workforce Services covers their pay.
Benefits of Participation
- We screen and train the youth participating in the program, and match their skills and interests to a local business.
- You help local youth to learn valuable life skills and gain practical work experience.
- You'll have an opportunity to see what local talent can offer and to introduce youth to potential career paths.
Employer of Record is Frederick County
- All wages/taxes will be paid by FCWS through grant funds.
- All mandatory employer insurance is provided by Frederick County.
- The Summer Jobs Program will run from July 8 - August 16, 2019.
- Youth work 6 weeks, up to 20 hours per week at $10.10/hr.
You determine the work schedule based on YOUR needs.
Additional Benefits to You!
- You’ll be assigned a dedicated jobsite counselor to ensure a successful experience for both you and the youth worker. Some youth may be assigned a job coach to provide periodic support while they are working.
- You’ll develop a great source for future employees!
- Provide appropriate supervision, mentoring and specific job training to the youth at your business
- Attend an orientation for worksite supervisors in June
- Maintain regular communication with FCWS program staff about progress, concerns and successes!
Ready to Apply to be a Summer Jobs Program Worksite? Complete the 2019 Worksite Application.
If you have questions or would like more information, please contact the Summer Jobs Program Coordinator at 301.600.2255 or firstname.lastname@example.org.