Overcoming Barriers to Employment
Frederick County Workforce Services offers the following resources for individuals who are unable to pass a pre-employment background check:
Erasing the Past, Reclaiming Your Future - A FREE expungement session facilitated by a local attorney.
- What is Expungement? Facts vs. Myths
- What type of offenses can be expunged?
- How long must I wait to qualify for an expungement?
All participants of this session will have the opportunity to meet one-on-one with an attorney immediately after the session.
Second Chances - A FREE seminar for Returning Citizens (Ex-Offenders)
- How to change perceptions of your background
- What employers expect and why they won't hire ex-offenders
- Personalized work-readiness surveys - your skills and abilities!
- Explaining your background, bonding and much more!
This four-hour interactive workshop will put you on the path to SUCCESS and help you reclaim your independence!
To learn more about either of these opportunities, including upcoming dates and how to register, please contact Latrice Lewis at 301.600.2762.