Jobs in (and around) Frederick
This Week's Featured Positions
Featured Position: Cleaning Crew Member
FT and PT available. Day and evening. Almost all of our work is in Montgomery and Frederick Counties. We are commercial only, no residential. Experience is preferred, but not mandatory. We will train candidates that need it. We perform a background check and E-verify.
Send resume to businessinfo@FrederickCountyMD.gov (Subject - Cleaning)
Featured Position: Director of Human Resources
The Director of Human Resources, assigned to the Central Office, has primary responsibility for providing leadership and overall administration and evaluation to the Human Resources Department to ensure optimal service and practices in the areas of recruitment, retention, labor relations, employee benefits, administrative hiring, U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) compliance and compensation practices. Must have Master’s degree and 10 years (min.) experience.
*Interested applicants are required to email the following to ChiefofStaff@fcps.org by Friday, November 16, 2018 4:00 PM EST: Letter of Interest, Résumé, Three (3) supervisory references.
Featured Position: Glass Mechanic
The Glass Mechanic is responsible for effectively executing all aspects of the installation process, including planning, layout and measuring. Provides oversight and training of Glass Helpers.
• Assume responsibility for the proper installation and execution of KGa contracted projects including metal and glass and fitting into openings on jobsites prepared by others.
• Responsible for mentoring and staff development of assigned Glass Helper.
• Organize, strategize and plan work sequencing and process to ensure successful installation.
• Oversight responsibility of adherence to KGa and Client’s established Safety Programs and Policies.
• Glass Mechanic will be OSHA 10 Certified.
• Assume responsibility for all new projects from first visit to jobsite through final completion, including oversight of all installation processes.
• Assume responsibility for all completed work of the installation team and adherence to established schedules and quality standards.
• Assume responsibility for all communication with clients’ field personnel and representatives, and other trades.
• Review assigned projects with the KGa Project Team to establish best installation methods, and verify accuracy of scope of new work.
• Anticipate requirements to complete installation, including materials, labor and other resources to meet project deadlines.
• Communicate with PM to anticipate upcoming fabrication needs and material requirements.
• Responsible for maintaining adequate truck inventory of commonly used hardware and supplies.
• Responsible for maintaining adequate tool inventory.
• Take accurate field measurements, and verify field conditions before installation process begins.
• Communicate at all times with PM Team and report any observed discrepancies, changes and problems immediately.
• Drive trucks to installation sites, and unload mirrors, glass equipment, and tools.
• Fabricate and install metal sashes and moldings for glass installation, using aluminum or steel framing. Install pre-assembled frameworks for windows or doors to be fitted with glass panels, using hand tools.
• Load, unload and arrange glass and mirrors to delivery trucks using suction cups or cranes to lift glass.
• Read and interpret blueprints and specifications to determine size, shape, color, type, and thickness of glass, location of framing, installation procedures, and staging and scaffolding materials required.
• Responsible for directing Glass Helper and other installation crew as needed.
• Assume responsibility for effective training of Glass Helpers in proper glazing techniques.
• Direct Installation Team to follow efficient and established installation procedures according to pre-defined plan and schedule.
• Oversight of assigned field staff and Glass Helpers, including quality control and on-job performance. Manage all assigned staff to follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all aspects of the installation process.
• Safely operate and maintain assigned company vehicle. Responsible for keeping vehicle clean, organized and well stocked. Responsible for coordinating routine maintenance for assigned vehicles and communicating about necessary repairs.
• Coordinate schedule of Glass Helper and oversee time reporting and coordinating recordkeeping of Glass Helper’s schedule. Create and communicate expectations of team’s report times and arrange rendezvous of team at jobsites.
• Responsible for participation in training systems to expand knowledge of self and other field staff.
• Other duties as assigned.
Kensington Glass Arts is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
To Apply, follow link below: