Browse by Category
Browse by Date
- Not a "Good Fit"? What Does that Mean?
- Why job seekers should accept seasonal employment and/or volunteer work opportunities
- Common Mistakes Made by Job Seekers
- What can job seekers do to make a positive first impression?
- How can I avoid getting lost in the email resume shuffle, and make a personal connection to the hiring agent?
Using social media to find a job
How can candidates successfully use social media to find a new job?
From Amanda Haddaway, Managing Director, HRAnswerbox
Social media tools, like LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter are great for job searching. First, let your network know that you’re looking for a new opportunity. You never know who may have an opening or who may have a friend of a friend who is hiring. Ask your friends and colleagues in your networks to share your status. The more exposure for your job search, the better!
You can also proactively search for companies and jobs. For example, search hashtags (#) on Twitter for #jobs, #hiring, etc. to see what companies are currently recruiting. LinkedIn has Groups that are specifically targeted to jobs in various industries.