Browse by Category
Browse by Date
- Not a "Good Fit"? What Does that Mean?
- Common Mistakes Made by Job Seekers
- Why job seekers should accept seasonal employment and/or volunteer work opportunities
- What can job seekers do to make a positive first impression?
- How can I avoid getting lost in the email resume shuffle, and make a personal connection to the hiring agent?
Transitioning from Stay-at-Home Mom to the Paid Workforce...
www.myskillsmyfuture.org. You can type in a job title youâ€™ve held, and My Skills My Future will give you a list of jobs that use similar skills. For instance, if you put in â€œhomemaker,â€ it brings back 20 job titles, including preschool teacher, nonfarm animal caretaker, concierge and psychiatric technician. If you click on the job title, it will tell you about the skills needed, the essential duties, what training you need, and the tools you use in the job. The site will compare the skills you use currently, and even the average pay, to another job. You can click on another link and see job leads. If you see one you like, you can click on yet another link to apply for it. If you arenâ€™t comfortable just clicking around, there is a little graphic of a video camera near the top of the screen. It will show you a video that demonstrates how the site works. The beauty of the My Skills My Future site is that it gets you thinking out of your employment box. It focuses on things you already know how to do, but applies them in ways that you might not think of. In addition, it gives you a way to apply that knowledge right away. Take a look! Â Â