Browse by Category
Browse by Date
- Not a "Good Fit"? What Does that Mean?
- Common Mistakes Made by Job Seekers
- Why job seekers should accept seasonal employment and/or volunteer work opportunities
- What can job seekers do to make a positive first impression?
- How can I avoid getting lost in the email resume shuffle, and make a personal connection to the hiring agent?
Top Recruiting Sources
We asked local employers to share their top recruiting sources. Here's how they responded:
The Community Foundation of Frederick County:
1. Ads in trade publications and the Frederick News-Post
2. Word of mouth and referrals from community members
3. Manpower, Inc.
1. Craigslist. (More than half of our employees were hired through Craigslist.)
2. Our Facebook page
3. Word of mouth
Wood Street (web design and development firm):
1. Mostly, referrals
2. Sometimes we will get a resume emailed to us that we'll consider
Plamondon Hospitality Partners:
1. Facebook and LinkedIn
Frederick County Public Schools:
1. FCPS Website
2. FCPS Employee Referrals
3. Online Job Boards
4. Local Residents
The Common Market:
2. Company Website
4. Industry-specific online posting boards