Browse by Category
Browse by Date
- Not a "Good Fit"? What Does that Mean?
- Common Mistakes Made by Job Seekers
- Why job seekers should accept seasonal employment and/or volunteer work opportunities
- What can job seekers do to make a positive first impression?
- How can I avoid getting lost in the email resume shuffle, and make a personal connection to the hiring agent?
Top 3 Job Search Strategies
This month, HR Director of Folcomer Equipment Corporation, Amanda Haddaway, shares 3 job search strategies that are most likely to lead to a successful outcome:
1. Be perseverant. You may find that it takes a little while to land your next dream job, so patience is key when going through the job search process. Keep trying because you will find a new opportunity!
2. Be open-minded. You may not realize how many strengths you have, so try to be receptive to all opportunities as they are presented to you.
3. Be responsive. If you're contacted for an interview or offer, try to respond back to the recruiter as soon as possible. This helps show your enthusiasm for the position.