Browse by Category
Browse by Date
- Not a "Good Fit"? What Does that Mean?
- Common Mistakes Made by Job Seekers
- Why job seekers should accept seasonal employment and/or volunteer work opportunities
- What can job seekers do to make a positive first impression?
- How can I avoid getting lost in the email resume shuffle, and make a personal connection to the hiring agent?
Three visits and no job...
I’ve been to your center three times already, and you still haven’t gotten me a job! What’s the hold-up?
Workforce Services isn’t actually a job placement agency. That means we don’t tell our customers, “You go here and do this job.”
What we do is provide resources on topics that help you get your next job. We help you decide on a good job for you; advise you on your resume; teach interviewing, networking, LinkedIn and computer skills; collect and share job leads; and a lot more. In some cases, we can work with customers one-on-one to plan job search strategies, and even pay for training to upgrade their skills.
The benefit of providing services this way is that you are empowered for future job searches, in addition to the current one. You’ll have resources for creating and improving your resume; dealing with social networking; following up on job leads; conducting a successful interview; and all the other steps to get the job yourself.
Hopefully that clarifies our role in your job search process. We encourage you to take advantage of all the resources at FCWS, and hope your search goes well.