Browse by Category
Browse by Date
- Not a "Good Fit"? What Does that Mean?
- Common Mistakes Made by Job Seekers
- Why job seekers should accept seasonal employment and/or volunteer work opportunities
- What can job seekers do to make a positive first impression?
- How can I avoid getting lost in the email resume shuffle, and make a personal connection to the hiring agent?
The LinkedIn Coach
I heard there is a new service at FCWS called “The LinkedIn Coach.” What’s that about?
The LinkedIn Coach takes our local LinkedIn instructor to your own LinkedIn profile. She’ll tell you what she likes about it, and how you can make it even stronger, so it attracts the attention of the employers and other LinkedIn users who can connect you to your next job.
To make this happen, first attend “The LinkedIn Connection.” See the current FCWS Calendar of Events for the date and time. With the information you gain there, make your LinkedIn profile as nearly perfect as you can. Next, ask about being referred to the LinkedIn Coach. The Coach will make an appointment with you to go over your profile together. She will tell you what she likes about your profile, and also what you can do to make it stronger. She will even take a LinkedIn-appropriate profile photo, with appropriate notice.
Like all services at FCWS, there is no charge to the job seeker. In other places, you could easily pay $300 or more for this customized service. Even that price would be well worth it, considering that over 80% of employers use LinkedIn to recruit new candidates.
Check it out today!