Browse by Category
Browse by Date
- Not a "Good Fit"? What Does that Mean?
- Common Mistakes Made by Job Seekers
- Why job seekers should accept seasonal employment and/or volunteer work opportunities
- What can job seekers do to make a positive first impression?
- How can I avoid getting lost in the email resume shuffle, and make a personal connection to the hiring agent?
Back to school?
I heard that your organization can help me go back to school for a new career. Is that true? What do I have to do?
Workforce Services may indeed be able to help you go back to school.
Training for a new career is funded by grants; in order to use the grant, certain requirements must be met. Are you a Frederick County resident? Or have you been laid off from a job located in Frederick County? If so, it’s worth following up further.
To start the process, you’ll need to have an active account in the Maryland Workforce Exchange (www.mwejobs.maryland.gov). Then attend a class called Navigating Success. Check the calendar at frederickworks.com/events to see when it’s offered. In Navigating Success, you’ll learn about the grants, and see if you’re a good match.
The sooner you start, the sooner you’ll be in a new job. Start today!