Browse by Category
Browse by Date
- Not a "Good Fit"? What Does that Mean?
- Common Mistakes Made by Job Seekers
- Why job seekers should accept seasonal employment and/or volunteer work opportunities
- What can job seekers do to make a positive first impression?
- How can I avoid getting lost in the email resume shuffle, and make a personal connection to the hiring agent?
Job Interview Mistakes
What are the biggest mistakes job seekers make during the interview process?
From Lisa Morrissey, Human Resources Manager, Common Market:
"I think the biggest mistakes job candidates make during an interview are talking too much and not making their answers relative to the position and the needs of the company. Sometimes interviewees are all over the place when trying to answer questions because of nerves, trying to impress the interviewer, or ensuring they leave nothing out - but sometimes being direct, to the point and relative to the position is enough. If you can answer the questions directly and provide an explanation that is relevant to the position for which you applied, it not only demonstrates confidence in yourself but also your ability to do the job. Sometimes less is more!"