Browse by Category
Browse by Date
- Not a "Good Fit"? What Does that Mean?
- Common Mistakes Made by Job Seekers
- Why job seekers should accept seasonal employment and/or volunteer work opportunities
- What can job seekers do to make a positive first impression?
- How can I avoid getting lost in the email resume shuffle, and make a personal connection to the hiring agent?
It's been a long time since I've had to write a resume....
RÃ©sumÃ©s and Applications seminar. It features cover letters and reference lists too. RÃ©sumÃ©s and Applications is taught by one of our seven staff who are Certified Professional RÃ©sumÃ© Writers (CPRW.)Â After this class, youâ€™re welcome to attend a RÃ©sumÃ© Clinic; itâ€™s also led by a CPRW staff member. You and up to four of your classmates will critique the rÃ©sumÃ©s of everyone who comes to the class. This is even better than having just the staff member review it. Any one person might miss a typo or two; in a group of six, someone will certainly catch it. Also, often there is more than one person in the same industry, and they can give a different angle from someone who has never worked in your field. Once you get your new rÃ©sumÃ© written, keep it up to date. Look it over every six months or so and add your latest accomplishments. That way, youâ€™re ready if the perfect job presents itself on a short deadline. Oh, and throw out the DayGlo Orange paper too, will you?