Career Exploration The Hiring Process
As with all job search practices there are few absolutes. However, a good job search technique is to use a cover letter!
According to the Professional Association of RÃ©sumÃ© Writers, the benefits for using a cover letter are:
* It introduces the rÃ©sumÃ©, tells a prospective employer what position you are applying for, and provides them with proof of what you can do for them.
* The objective of submitting a resume and cover letter is to receive an interview
Â because your information inspires the employer to want to meet with you.
* They are unique and professional in format. This unique document should provide the employer insights that you have researched the company.Â
* Cover letters should be designed to spotlight your most relevant qualifications and achievements for the position.
* They provide the employer with information on why you want to work for that company.
* Cover Letters that are error free and in a familiar business format show the potential employer your writing ability.
Some other tips for cover letters are:
* It is smart to carry design themes from rÃ©sumÃ© into the cover letter and vice-versa.
* Cover letters are not essays and should be one page in length in a readable typeface, which closely or exactly matches the marketing rÃ©sumÃ©.
Chances are a well written rÃ©sumÃ© and cover letter will land you a interview. Happy job hunting.