Browse by Category
Browse by Date
- Not a "Good Fit"? What Does that Mean?
- Common Mistakes Made by Job Seekers
- Why job seekers should accept seasonal employment and/or volunteer work opportunities
- What can job seekers do to make a positive first impression?
- How can I avoid getting lost in the email resume shuffle, and make a personal connection to the hiring agent?
Do you have any suggestions for completing an online job application?
www.yahoo.com and www.google.com. Third, as with all jobs for which you apply, it is very important that you do research on the company and the position.Â This step should never be skipped if you want to have an advantage over other job seekers. Â Now, you should be ready to start an online application. You need to be familiar with word processing or partner with someone who can assist you with the application process. Allow yourself at least one hour of uninterrupted time to complete the application and other requirements. Many applications require you complete an online assessment in areas such as math, reading or personality. Some applications will time out if you take too long on any one particular screen. If this happens, you will need to start over, and trust me, you will be frustrated! Consider printing out the instructions to ensure you address all the required information as directed. An ever increasing number of companies use this method to receive applications. Understanding and mastering this process will allow you to be competitive for those companies and their open positions.