Browse by Category
Browse by Date
- Not a "Good Fit"? What Does that Mean?
- Common Mistakes Made by Job Seekers
- Why job seekers should accept seasonal employment and/or volunteer work opportunities
- What can job seekers do to make a positive first impression?
- How can I avoid getting lost in the email resume shuffle, and make a personal connection to the hiring agent?
Demonstrating "proficiency" to a prospective employer....
http://www.proveit2.com/frederickworks/. For MS Word and other programs, there are two levels:Â â€œNormal Userâ€ and â€œPower User.â€Â The Normal User level assesses your ability to format documents, create tables, perform mail merges, etc. The Power User test includes advanced formatting, charts, themes, styles and more. You can use Prove It! to demonstrate your proficiency in a wide variety of clerical, industrial, financial and/or technical job skills. Taking these online assessments will not only add credibility to your candidacy; it will also show you any areas where you may want to upgrade your skills. When you take the test, you get a report. It tells you how long you took to complete the test, how many questions you got right out the total number, and your rank among all the people who have taken the test so far. If you need some clarification, the test administrator can answer your questions. You can report these numbers to the employer. To take any of the Prove It! assessments, talk to your Career Specialist at FCWS. ï¿½