Browse by Category
Browse by Date
- Not a "Good Fit"? What Does that Mean?
- Common Mistakes Made by Job Seekers
- Why job seekers should accept seasonal employment and/or volunteer work opportunities
- What can job seekers do to make a positive first impression?
- How can I avoid getting lost in the email resume shuffle, and make a personal connection to the hiring agent?
Company research....beyond the web
http://newgradlife.blogspot.com/2009/12/job-interview-interview-questions.htmlÂ for a video on other sources of valuable information. If you arenâ€™t already on LinkedIn, now is the time to sign up. Itâ€™s been reported that 80% of employers use LinkedIn as their primary recruiting tool. Itâ€™s also a great place to research companies. You can use LinkedIn to see if you know anyone (or know anyone who knows anyone) who works at your target company; whoâ€™s been hired or promoted lately; and to find out about open jobs there. You can also learn a little about the companyâ€™s history. You may even be able to find out some information about the person youâ€™re going to interview with. Happy hunting! ï¿½