Browse by Category
Browse by Date
- Not a "Good Fit"? What Does that Mean?
- Common Mistakes Made by Job Seekers
- Why job seekers should accept seasonal employment and/or volunteer work opportunities
- What can job seekers do to make a positive first impression?
- How can I avoid getting lost in the email resume shuffle, and make a personal connection to the hiring agent?
Common Mistakes Made by Job Seekers
This month, our panel of hiring professionals was asked to respond to the following question:
What is the most common mistake made by job seekers during the application and/or interview process?
Here are their TOP FIVE responses:
1. Arriving late
2. Not paying attention to the required qualifications
3. Submitting incomplete information and/or information that has not been checked for accuracy
4. Not being properly prepared - not researching the company, not practicing interview responses
5. Not making eye contact
Don't let these mistakes happen to you!